Currently under construction. I mean, what in the world could I possibly say about myself??! (Don’t worry, I’ll come up with something!)
All right, I came up with something.
I’m a sometimes unemployed, sometimes lucky-enough-to-get-a-temp-job, never a steadily-employed single mum from Canada who decided to escape from eternal winter and soak up eternal sunshine here on the south coast of Spain, where we’ve made our home for the past six years (after nomading about the rest of Spain for a few years). The truth is being a single mum with small kids is not the easiest thing in the world, and maybe one day I will post snippets of our story here on this blog. For the most part, we spend our time roosting in our tiny one-bedroom-with-a-walk-in-closet-as-the-second-bedroom apartment in da inna big city (aka Malaga) – which I don’t get away from as often as I’d like seeing as I don’t have a steady job – running around the city and occasionally climbing up into some mountains nearby, or onto a bus in order to climb up some mountains someplace else, since we don’t have a car (something about being a struggling single mum and all that……).
And here is my wish list (subject to unexpected and unannounced changes at any moment):
- to take my kids sometime on a DECENT holiday (ie. in a sumptuous, luxurious resort, preferably a 4-or-5-star hotel, hehe, with everything included including the swimming pool!) somewhere hot and near a warm, blue sea (okay, so, I also live someplace hot near a (not-so-warm) blue sea, but I don’t live in a hotel!)
- to take my kids sometime on a holiday for a few days out in the countryside, preferably in some cosy, friendly, family-run bed-and-breakfast (I guess here in Spain you’d call it an albergue rural)
- to go back to Barcelona again for a visit
Some funny facts about me:
- one of my exes lives in a cave, a natural cave, with no door, no floor, just the plain dirt on the ground, with no water or electricity, he says this way he saves on rent
- I’ve never been able to figure out whether I’m left-handed or right-handed
- I suffer from an intense and invincible GIANT COCKROACH PHOBIA
- people used to call me Purina Cat Chow back at school because I have a strange name (at that time, now I think it has come into vogue)
Dear The Seas Of Mintaka,
My name is Joyce and I work for ExpatFinder.com.
ExpatFinder.com is a free one stop website for people preparing to move or working and living overseas. We provide a myriad of services for expatriates and we have over 2,000 articles to help and support the people moving around the world and we are now creating an interview section to help the expats with real life experiences!
We quite enjoy your blog about living in Spain, it is very interesting and informative. Would it be possible to interview you to further share some of your tips and feature some of your first hand experience as an Expat and your interview will be published on our Expat Interview section as a guide for our expat readers. The questions are mainly about the day to day lifestyle of an expat. If it would be possible, could you also send some photographs that we can use?
Of course, if you accept, we can add a link to your blog or some of your website.
The questions are enclosed, feel free to respond freely. You can return the doc with your answers if you accept this invitation.
Thanks in advance and do let me know if you prefer other means to conduct this interview and we would be happy to accommodate your terms.
Hi Joyce. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Oh that is sooo lovely of you! I will definitely be stopping by your site to “chat” with you, I would love to have an interview with you. Thank you!
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog, Toby! I’m delighted to meet you! It’s a great place to retire, safe, casual, beautiful.
que interesante! another ex-pat living in southern Spain, in the exact city I want to retire to!! (in hopefully less than 8 years…a ver lo que pasa eh?) I’ll be checking out more of your blog for sure! Nice to meet you 🙂