Currently under construction. I mean, what in the world could I possibly say about myself??! (Don’t worry, I’ll come up with something!)
All right, I came up with something.
I’m a sometimes unemployed, sometimes lucky-enough-to-get-a-temp-job, never a steadily-employed single mum from Canada who decided to escape from eternal winter and soak up eternal sunshine here on the south coast of Spain, where we’ve made our home for the past six years (after nomading about the rest of Spain for a few years). The truth is being a single mum with small kids is not the easiest thing in the world, and maybe one day I will post snippets of our story here on this blog. For the most part, we spend our time roosting in our tiny one-bedroom-with-a-walk-in-closet-as-the-second-bedroom apartment in da inna big city (aka Malaga) – which I don’t get away from as often as I’d like seeing as I don’t have a steady job – running around the city and occasionally climbing up into some mountains nearby, or onto a bus in order to climb up some mountains someplace else, since we don’t have a car (something about being a struggling single mum and all that……).
And here is my wish list (subject to unexpected and unannounced changes at any moment):
- to take my kids sometime on a DECENT holiday (ie. in a sumptuous, luxurious resort, preferably a 4-or-5-star hotel, hehe, with everything included including the swimming pool!) somewhere hot and near a warm, blue sea (okay, so, I also live someplace hot near a (not-so-warm) blue sea, but I don’t live in a hotel!)
- to take my kids sometime on a holiday for a few days out in the countryside, preferably in some cosy, friendly, family-run bed-and-breakfast (I guess here in Spain you’d call it an albergue rural)
- to go back to Barcelona again for a visit
Some funny facts about me:
- one of my exes lives in a cave, a natural cave, with no door, no floor, just the plain dirt on the ground, with no water or electricity, he says this way he saves on rent
- I’ve never been able to figure out whether I’m left-handed or right-handed
- I suffer from an intense and invincible GIANT COCKROACH PHOBIA
- people used to call me Purina Cat Chow back at school because I have a strange name (at that time, now I think it has come into vogue)